Okay you all know that I am just a big sucker for a bargain. And speaking to my friends a lot of them feel the chaos is just not worth it. Lucky for me, I have an advantage over them. I am a big girl. Nobody is going to push this chick over, OKAY…. So hold my chocolate, I am going in…
So I thought it would be helpful to write down a few tips on how to survive if you are also planning on going to the shops on Black Friday.
- Choose 1 retailer. You don’t want to be running around from one to another. It’s chaos. And remember the criminals are also looking for their bargains. Buying a lot of stuff at one shop and driving to another or just putting it in your boot and going back into the mall is a huge risk. Do not get taken.
- Check all the ads before the time. I see a lot of the retailers already have their specials out. Those who don’t want to join the masses, be aware that a lot of the shops already have specials on and also – you can buy online.
- Don’t take your handbag. This is dangerous and will slow you down. I seriously don’t care how it looks, fanny back here we come. All you need is cash and cards and your phone. Put everything in there (Verimark sells a very dainty one that nobody can see under your clothes).
- Take a drink with you. It is going to be a LOOOONG day. Do not stand in a queue for hours without anything to drink.
- Take a snack with. A small pack of crisps or dried fruit can go into your fanny pack easily. Shopping while hangry (yes I do get VERY hangry) is never a good idea. That is how somebody gets punched in the face.
- Remember – it is just a special. If you loose out on something, don’t go ape on people. BE NICE!!! Getting in a fist fight about a 2 liter of soda is just not on – KAY?
- Check for coupons. They are in the local newspapers. Or download the shop’s app, you will get lots of freebies like that.
- Also, use an app like SnapnSave. You will get money back for just shopping. Wuhu is also a nice one to use
- Please don’t use a lot of perfume before the time. The rest of us really don’t want to smell you from the other side of the till. Clean will do. And please – spray some antiperspirant. Please. Pretty please.
- Go with a buddy. NOT YOUR HUSBAND. I am going in alone because I can do this… But if you are small or just very nice, take a buddy with you. Protection is always good. But do not, NOT I repeat NOT>>>>> take the man in your life. A special is not worth your relationship. And if I had to take mine with, trust me….. Nope, just nope.
So there you have it. Tips to survive. Be nice, but not too nice. And go them them girls…