Easter is a time of chocolates and egg hunts and fun! Right? Now take away the chocolates… And the egg hunt. What do you have left? You can’t ignore it, you have another child that wants those things. They see it on Youtube. It is not fair to not celebrate Easter as we are Christian and it is an important season for us. So what do yo do? Well, you become creative!
Here is some tips on having a chocolate and noise free Easter:
- Use other things as gifts. We got some amazing dinosaur egg bath bombs from Life with Jacqueline these actually have little dinosaurs in the middle! Win for everybody!
- I got them each a bunny from Rosemary at Food, Art and Craft market as well as from Robyn at Ripleycatco
- I made them bunny ears – these can be purchased from me at Geek World
- I also made them Easter T-shirts, these can also be bought from me at Geek World
- In place of chocolate eggs, we bought empty egg containers form Mambos and filled them with jelly beans etc. We also made them some geeky Easter egg boxes with sweets in them. Also available at Geek World
- Bubbles! Bubbles always win!
- We got them “Grow a Bunny” eggs from Ackermans. They go in the water and then a bunny opens up
- Color code your eggs. You do not want the kiddies to have a melt down. You know that it is going to happen in anyway, so try to avoid it for as long as possible. Each child has their own color to collect. That makes sure that they both have the same amount. We have a large garden so we do it at home. If you don’t find a park near by that is not as busy as the main parks.
Good luck, may the force be with you!