- 2 cups canned pumpkin or homegrown pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Butter or olive spray for the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Have all ingredients except the coconut oil at room temperature.
- Mix together pumpkin, oil, and sugar in a mixing bowl until well mixed. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put batter into greased 9-inch square cake pan. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until firm.
- Cool completely.
- Store in fridge since the pumpkin bars will be wetter than other bars.