Peanut Butter Bars ~ A No-bake Energy Bar Recipe.
Author: Kendra ~A Proverbs 31 Wife
- 1½ cup of Honey
- 2 cups Peanut butter. (I buy an organic brand that has one ing. peanuts)
- 2 teas. Vanilla
- 5 cups Crispy rice cereal
- 4 cups quick oats
- ½ cup Wheat germ
- 1 tbs Chia seeds
- ¼ ground flax
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbs Ground cinnamon
- In a sauce pan warm the honey and peanut butter. Do not cook. You just want the two ing. to mix together smoothly and reach a runny consistency. After the mixture is warm and runny, stir in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together and pour the honey peanut butter mix over it. Using a large spoon (or your hands) stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the mix into a greased jelly roll pan and press. The best way to get the bars firmly pressed into the pan is to lay plastic wrap over the top and use a rolling pin to evenly press the dough into all sides and corners.
- Let cool in fridge for an hour or so and then cut into 36 pieces.
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 205 Fat: 8.3 Saturated fat: 1.5 Carbohydrates: 28.2g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 41mg Fiber: 2.7g Protein: 6.3